Growth Mindset V Fixed Mindset
Are you open or closed-minded? Does change confront or scare you or do you just say bring it on!
Let’s identify where you are at and whether your mindset is holding you back from achieving the life you dream of and deserve!
We have all heard Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. We covered this territory earlier this month when we were talking about habits; however, it is relevant here too. So let’s refresh!
How can we see the world anew?
Once you have a level of self-awareness and get that, “If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got,” you create the space to shift your mindset.
If we come from a limited, fearful fixed minded position, will anything change?
Once you become aware of your limiting thoughts or beliefs and recognise any fixed minded traits that have kept you small or sabotaged your success there is an opportunity for breakthrough! Don’t beat yourself up, now you have the chance to look at the world anew! With the recognition of fixed mindedness or where you have been headstrong or believed you are right that you are so wrong or no good, comes the opportunity to let go of that mindset once and for all.
- To change our lives we must change our thoughts.
- By changing our thoughts, we change our reality
- When we bring our thoughts, words and actions into alignment, the magic really happens!
So how do you get started?
9 Tips to Change your Mindset…
- Self Awareness – Ask yourself questions, reflect, contemplate and meditate. What is your mindset? What thoughts are holding you back?
- Take Responsibility – Know that you are in charge and that by changing your thoughts you can change your reality!
- Make a DECISION to grow and change for the better to achieve your dreams
- Self Love – Decide that you deserve all the good things in life. Love yourself enough to view challenges and change differently and grow as a result
- Let go of any beliefs, fears or limits holding you back
- Find a life coach, buddy or accountability partner to help you keep your word to yourself to open your mind, grow and embrace change.
- Create a new VISION! Write it down and visualise. Get creative and do a vision board.
- Take ACTION!
- Celebrate and acknowledge your achievements!